ADVANCED  SKINCARE

​          MADE AFFORDABLE.


​​​​TM 

  • Sleep Away3:20

​​​Contact Us: (210) 979-0776​​​​​        

Copyright © Laser SkinStitute .

Melasma.

Melasma, also called chloasma and pregnancy mask is a skin condition most common in adults. The skin condition shows light to dark brown or grayish patches of pigmentation develop mainly on the facial skin.

Melasma can affect anyone, however it is most common in women, especially those who are; pregnant, taking oral or patch contraceptives or hormone replacement therapy medications.

The patches of pigmentation often develop gradually over time, and the patches are commonly found on the upper cheek, nose, lips, upper lip and forehead. Other than the cosmetic discoloration of the skin there are no other symptoms.

What causes melasma?

The exact cause of melasma is unknown, however melasma is thought to be the stimulation of melanocytes (the cells located in the skin’s epidermis that produce melanin) by female sex hormones estrogen and progesterone to produce more melanin pigments when the skin is exposed to the sun.

Common triggers include; sun exposure, a change in hormones and cosmetics.

Treatment for melasma.

At Laser SkinStitute we offer a range of treatments that can reduce the appearance of melasma. As every skin condition is different we offer a large range of treatments, so that we can tailor a package to your skin’s needs.

Book a free, no obligation Skin Analysis and Consultation appointment to find out what treatment will work the best for your skin.

Skin Revitalisation


At Laser SkinStitute we are proud to offer the use of the IPL  laser systems. The award winning laser technology reaches a precise depth of the skin so that only 10% of the skin is being treated at  high energy  with the lower level energy being used on the remaining 90%. The treatment revitalises the skin, reducing the appearance of melasma.

Before commencing with laser treatment for melasma we use a 12 week homecare program to stabilize the condition.

Read more about our Skin Revitalisation & Wrinkle Reduction treatment.